CLIM mail archive
Re: bug in clim:draw-ellipse?
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 92 15:58:03 PST
From: Bill York <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: dp%cast.uni-linz.ac.@lucid.com, email@example.com
MMDF-Warning: Parse error in original version of preceding line at BBN.COM
Subject: bug in clim:draw-ellipse?
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1992 12:02:01 +0100
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Dietmar Pree)
I am not sure whether clim:draw-ellipse* and all related functions work
properly if you try to draw an ellipse with its axes NOT (!) aligned with
the coordinate axes.
What may be may my mistake ???
The X Window system doesn't support drawing rotated ellipses, so even
though you can specify one in CLIM we can't necessarily draw it.
I think the questions was if CLIM supported it, or not, not if X did.
Could the CLIM policy on this be clarified? Here are some possibilities:
1. You can specify things in CLIM that may not work in the port your
clients care about.
2. If you specify something in CLIM that the underlying window system
doesn't support, don't expect it to work.
3. CLIM should do this, but it's much harder because the underlying window
system doesn't support it easily, so i'ts a bug, and you'll have to wait.
4. To be safe, do your own ellipse drawing.
5. If your CLIM application doesn't work in one window system, try
I realize there are hard technical reason why certain things don't work,
like rotating and scaling fonts. But it would help if there was some way
we could predict what wasn't going to work.
Main Index |