CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

printing in CLIM - summary

Thanks to all that replied to my request.  I must say that I am *very*
impressed by clim's abilities to print.  Boy, what a difference with
other systems!!!  That's what I call a well tought, easy to use and
reliable way to do things.  I had *no* problem.

If someone wants to create a clim FAQ, this can be inserted in it.

Here is the original request:

     I'd like to print the content of what has been accumulated in a stream
     (part of a pane of a frame).

     When the content is only text, it's easy, I just do:

     (define-nanesse-history-command
       (com-print-history :name t :menu t)
	 ()
       (with-open-file (output-file "nanesse:to-print;history.text"
			     :direction :output
			     :if-exists :new-version)
	 (clim:copy-textual-output-history
	   (frame-standard-output clim:*application-frame*) output-file))
       (cp:execute-command "hardcopy file" "nanesse:to-print;history.text"))

     But when it's general clim drawing functions, I guess I must use
     with-output-to-postscript-stream and somehow replay the history of my
     pane (from the parent output-record, right?) in the new postscript
     stream.

     Does someone have a nice and easy example of this to help me out?

     vk

Here are the replies (I think they are all useful in understanding the problem):