CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

printing adaptations

    Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1992 04:00 EST
    From: Vincent Keunen <nrb!keunen@relay.eu.net>

    Suppose I want to lightly modify my drawing functions when they draw
    output that will be printed (fi draw in black and white instead of
    color, draw ellipses instead of rectangles,...).

    Is it a good idea to use the view argument to present?

    I already use it to present my objects differently if they get output in
    a textual manner (+textual-view+) or in an iconic manner
    (+iconic-view+).  Would it be wise to define new presentation methods
    that would specify on a view like +printed-view+???

Boy, this is a tough call.  If you're just controlling the ink, I would
probably investigate doing something else, for example, keeping some
state in the application frame that decides what ink to use.

0,,