CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Presentation menu questions.

I'm having two problems with the printed output of items displayed
in the :menu mouse gesture menu.

1) When I define a translator that passes multiple objects, i.e.

  (define-presentation-to-command-translator foo-tran
      (my-type foo my-frame)
    (object frame)
    `(,object ,frame))

  (define-sectors-frame-command (foo
	:menu "Print this in the menu.")
      ((object 'my-type) (frame 'my-frame))
   (do-something))

  The menu comes up with an corresponding printed representation
   "Print this in the menu #<PACKAGE::FRAME 123456789>"

  CLIM seems to want to display a printed representation of the
  second argument.  I want to suppress it.

2) In some cases I want to delete the :menu mouse action altogether,
   but defining a
	(define-presentation-to-command-translator foo
	    (my-type command frame :menu nil)
   seems to be determined to add the :menu gesture to the mouse, although
   it does remove the item from the menu.  So what I end up with is a
   :menu gesture documented in the mouse line, and an empty menu.
   Probably confusing to the end user, wouldn't you think?

Thanks,
Greg Anderson