CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SCIGRAPH question

  Date: Tue, 21 Sep 93 13:11:45 -0700
  From: "Marilyn S. Bunzo" <msb@eos.arc.nasa.gov>

  Allegro CL 4.1 CLIM 1.1 on SGI workstations
  Has anyone else encountered errors with text styles not being fully merged?

  Error: The text style #<CLIM::TEXT-STYLE NIL.NIL.NIL @ #x10ef0e1a>
  must be a fully merged text style

Unfortunately, I do not use clim 1 anymore, so you will have to help me
fix this.  Scigraph uses the function clim:stream-current-text-style
to get (guess what) the current text style.  Apparently in clim 1,
what you get is not a kosher thing to pass to functions like stream-line-height
and stream-string-width, giving you odd problems such as you have found.

In clim 2, this problem does not occur.

I have a theory that the following scigraph patch may fix this problem.

(defun dwim:stream-current-text-style (STREAM)
  (slot-value stream 'clim::merged-text-style))

This patch causes scigraph to pretend that the merged text style is
the "current" one.  Please let me know if this works for you.
If it does, I will make the corresponding change to the sources.

Also, if there is a function other than SLOT-VALUE that I should
be using, please let me know.

jeff morrill
jmorrill@bbn.com