CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

SCIGRAPH question

    Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1993 16:11 EDT
    From: "Marilyn S. Bunzo" <msb@eos.arc.nasa.gov>

    Allegro CL 4.1 CLIM 1.1 on SGI workstations
    Has anyone else encountered errors with text styles not being fully merged?

    Error: The text style #<CLIM::TEXT-STYLE NIL.NIL.NIL @ #x10ef0e1a> must be a fully merged text style

    I get this error when I use "identify data point" (left mouse button on
    graph point).  The errors originate from the tv.lisp file in the methods
    stream-string-width and stream-line-height.  I tried a few quick things to
    get around the problem (mostly testing for a fully-merged-text-style and
    calling stream-current-text-style).  This has not solved the problem.  Does
    anyone else out there have a solution for this one?  I have more information
    (stack trace) but I don't want to clutter up the mailing list too much.

Probably the things in SCIGRAPH that use MEDIUM-TEXT-STYLE should use
MEDIUM-MERGED-TEXT-STYLE when the function being called needs a fully
merged text style.  STREAM-STRING-WIDTH and STREAM-LINE-HEIGHT, which
are fairly low-level functions, are the kind of function that expect a
fully merged text style.

    Everything else in scigraph is working well.  The compilation was one of the
    smoothest I have had when importing code from another source.  Great job!  I
    am impressed with the features and design of your grapher.  Thank you for
    sharing it with all of us.