CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Moving objects and incremental redisplay

Just to put my $.02 in, from what SWM said.

>CLIM's incremental redisplay facility operates at too low a level to be
>as efficient as the 4 steps above.  CLIM doesn't know, for example, that
>you just moved one little object.  It has to go figure it out by looking
>at the whole output record tree.

Maybe in CLIM version 3 ... the incremental display facility would have
an option of working with either a top-down (as it is now) or a bottoms-up
way. Many of my particular display domains would really exploit the
bottom-up capability if it were there.