CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Output recording and presentations

> Date: 13 Oct 1993 12:15:00 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "William M. York" <york@parc.xerox.com>
>
>    Date:	Tue, 12 Oct 1993 11:39:06 -0700
>    From:	Brian Anderson 234-0878 <bha@ata.ca.boeing.com>
>
>    > Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1993 13:28 -0400
>    > From: Scott McKay <SWM@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com>
>    > WITH-OUTPUT-AS-PRESENTATION turns output recording back on for you,
>    > but I can't recall the reason why it does this.  I think it's probably
>    > a bug.
>
>    Note that on page 23-17 of the spec, it says that the presentation is
>    *not* inserted in the output history if output recording is off.  I
>    was counting on this to use the idiom of creating a bunch of output
>    records with output recording and drawing off, insert them into the
>    appropriate place in the output history, and replay them myself.  This
>    almost worked except for the fact that the presentation output record
>    was inserted at the top level of the history (when I ran things to
>    create an output record) and in another place in the history when I
>    inserted it there myself.
>
> Ah, you definitely want with-output-to-output-record.  Then you don't
> even turn recording off, you just collect the output records in a
> separate "root" record, which you splice into the history at your
> convenience.

That worked, except I was trying to keep from having an "extra" output
record inserted that with-output-to-output-record makes.  When the
original output is performed, there is not this extra output record.
I suppose I could maybe think of a way to avoid this or just use the
children of the new output record.

Anyways, it seems as if Scott is making the right fix.

Thanks

ba

Brian H. Anderson                     (206) 234-0881
Boeing Commercial Airplane Co.        bha@ata.ca.boeing.com
P.O. Box 3707 M.S. 6A-PX
Seattle, Wa. 98124-2207