CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Output recording and presentations

   Date:	Tue, 12 Oct 1993 11:39:06 -0700
   From:	Brian Anderson 234-0878 <bha@ata.ca.boeing.com>

   > Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1993 13:28 -0400
   > From: Scott McKay <SWM@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com>
   > WITH-OUTPUT-AS-PRESENTATION turns output recording back on for you,
   > but I can't recall the reason why it does this.  I think it's probably
   > a bug.

   Note that on page 23-17 of the spec, it says that the presentation is
   *not* inserted in the output history if output recording is off.  I
   was counting on this to use the idiom of creating a bunch of output
   records with output recording and drawing off, insert them into the
   appropriate place in the output history, and replay them myself.  This
   almost worked except for the fact that the presentation output record
   was inserted at the top level of the history (when I ran things to
   create an output record) and in another place in the history when I
   inserted it there myself.

Ah, you definitely want with-output-to-output-record.  Then you don't
even turn recording off, you just collect the output records in a
separate "root" record, which you splice into the history at your
convenience.

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index