CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

using multiple frames on multiple screens

    Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1993 19:13 EST
    From: chyde@BBN.COM

    I had been having major, serious trouble with this. Jeff Morrill, who
    *caused* the problem :) also found the solution.

    he was using :calling-frame *application-frame* in
    make-application-frame, and that is a no-no. I don't know what all
    :calling-frame actually does, but it gave us Xlib font errors, because
    the calling frame was on one screen and the frame being created was
    going onto another screen on another host.

    so, AVOID :calling-frame, eh?

     -- clint

:CALLING-FRAME is an internal frob for use by ACCEPTING-VALUES.  As you
surmised... don't use it.

Is it documented somewhere?  It really shouldn't be.

Main Index | Thread Index