CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

use of AND and Or in presentation specs

    Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1993 18:01 EST
    From: Daniel D Suthers <suthers+@pitt.edu>

    CLIM 1.1, Lucid 4.0.

    Could someone enlighten me concerning the use of AND and OR presentation
    specifiers? That is, where are they supposed to be used?

    We would like to be able to use them in commands ...

      (define-test-window-command (BEEP-ON-A-OR-B-PRESENTATIONS)
	  ((presentation '(or a b) :gesture :select))
	(clim:beep)
	(format *standard-output* "~%You found an A or B."))

    ... and/or as presentation specifiers ...

      (with-output-as-presentation
	  (:stream stream :object 'bbb :type '(and a b))
	  ...)

    ... but we get ...

      >>Error: No applicable method exists for the generic-function
      CLIM::PRESENTATION-TYPEP-METHOD when called with these arguments:
      (#<{Instance?} #X11B13036> NIL B A)

    or variations thereof. What is "{Instance?}"?
    [We've tried '(or a b) and (or 'a 'b). Test file available on request.]

Both of these should work, and do in fact work for me in CLIM 2.0 under
Genera.  You should ask your Lucid support person to check this out.