CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

CLIM with multiple frames

Hi,

	Is there any portable way to generate 2 or more windows that
	stays on the screen simutaneiously with CLIM and are created
	during run time by a single application?

Platform:
	Allegro 4.1/4.2beta2.0
	Sun4
	CLIM1.1/CLIM2.0beta2.0

	It can be done with multitasking package (i.e. running multiple
	run-frame-top-level) but this is not portable.  I might be missing
	something,  but this seems to be a major constraint on CLIM.
	I'd think the top-level loop could just poll every "child frame"
	and read their commands.  But somehow CLIM does not allow this
	functionality and without the CLIM source code implementing another
	event-loop is the last thing I'd want to do....

	Thanks very much for your feedbacks.

               This message is brought to you by:
                         Cody C. T. Kwok
                      U. of Washington CSE
                  Sat Dec 11 20:30:10 PST 1993
Mollison's Bureaucracy Hypothesis:
        If an idea can survive a bureaucratic review and be implemented
        it wasn't worth doing.