CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: reducing time overhead of text display (in 1.1)

I also find CLIM (1.1 Lucid) text drawing to be much slower than I'd
like.  Simply calling clim:draw-text* on short strings (5 characters),
with each one wrapped in a different presentation, can take a couple
of seconds on a Sparc 10 to display a couple hundred items.  It is
this kind of marginal performance on simple tasks that makes people
wonder if they should be using CLIM at all, since X applications do
this kind of thing almost instantaneously.

Are any of the  CLIM vendors putting effort into optimizing these kinds
of simple operations?  I strongly advocate such work.

PEter