CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: reducing time overhead of text display (in 1.1)

I agree with your previous point.

> (Unfortunately, since CLtL2 the user is not allowed to write compiler macros
> for built-in functions.)

Can you clarify this one for me. I'm simply missing it reading CLtL2 pp.205-207.
Do you have an example of a compiler macro for a built-in function in CLtL1
that is not allowed in CLtL2. My impression was that I could always shadow
built-in functions define a compiler macro that does the argument optimization
and call the built-in from its original package. I agree, if a build-in function
is poor (not efficient) there is not much else I can do but to redefine it.

Olivier Clarisse