CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: reducing time overhead of text display (in 1.1)

   From: clarisse@iexist.att.com

   > (Unfortunately, since CLtL2 the user is not allowed to write compiler macros
   > for built-in functions.)

   Can you clarify this one for me. I'm simply missing it reading CLtL2 pp.205-207.
   Do you have an example of a compiler macro for a built-in function in CLtL1
   that is not allowed in CLtL2. My impression was that I could always shadow
   built-in functions define a compiler macro that does the argument optimization
   and call the built-in from its original package. I agree, if a build-in function
   is poor (not efficient) there is not much else I can do but to redefine it.

It's on CLtL2 p.260.

BTW, anyone citing CLtL2 should first reread pp.xii-xiii, although
this particular detail is not affected.