CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: detecting B&W monitor in Clim 1.1

   Date: Mon, 10 Jan 1994 16:22-0600
   From: David Gadbois <gadbois@mcc.com>

       Date: Mon, 10 Jan 1994 16:04-0600
       From: Suzanne Paley <PALEY@ai.sri.com>

       I saw a recent message about detecting whether or not a monitor can
       display color in CLIM 2.0.  I was wondering if the same thing could
       be done in CLIM 1.1, and how.

   (defun color-stream-p (stream)
     #+CLIM-2 (clim:palette-color-p (clim:port-default-palette (clim:port stream)))
     #-CLIM-2 (and (slot-boundp stream 'clim::color-p)
		   (slot-value stream 'clim::color-p)))

   Not sure how to do it before one actually creates a stream to the
   display.

   --David Gadbois

In 1.1 there is already an internal CLIM function in called COLOR-STREAM-P.

Regards,

Amy
 Amy Winarske               Lucid, Inc.    707 Laurel Street
 Lisp Technical Support                    Menlo Park, CA 94025  USA
 winarske@lucid.com                        Tel: 415-329-8400 x5524
 clim-support@lucid.com                    FAX: 415-329-8480

Main Index | Thread Index