CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

gadget-value of scroll-bar?

    Date: Thu, 13 Jan 1994 16:29 EST
    From: democko@BBN.COM

    I have a question concerning scroll-bar gadget class.

    I have a scroll-bar pane, and would like to change its gadget-value in the
    code.  Is there a way to do this?

    The documentation says that (gadget-value scrollbar) will return the value.
    This works.  But it also says that you can setf (gadget-value scrollbar),
    and this does not seem to be working for me.  I tried it, and it sets a
    slot called value in the scroll-bar object, but does not change the result
    of a (gadget-value scrollbar) call.  Is there more I need to do besides the
    setf call?

    This is Clim 2, on Allegro.

The GADGET-VALUE protocol for scroll bars is unfortunately not as clean
as it should be.  This is mostly because the scroll bar protocol itself
is fairly complicated.

If (SETF GADGET-VALUE) did work correctly on a scroll bar, it should
also cause the viewport attached to the scroll bar to be scrolled.
Since this is the case, you should simply call CLIM:SCROLL-EXTENT on
the window you want to scroll.

Main Index | Thread Index