CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: editing text in a pop-up window

    Date: Fri, 14 Jan 1994 15:00 EST
    From: Scott McKay <swm@lyra.mystech.com>

	Date: Fri, 14 Jan 1994 14:34 EST
	From: Colin Meldrum <colin@franz.com>

Naha posted the question after I asked him about the topic of editor
windows in CLIM. I have experiented with solutions quite similar to what
has been posted, but I never managed to get the right thing. Unless I am
mistaken, both Colin's and Scott's solutions suffer (at least under
Genera 8.3) from the rubout redisplay problem, as well as from other,
more subtle glitches. Also, it does not provide commands like ctrl or
(less importantly) meta editing commands.

If anyone has written anything like such an editor, I'd love to hear
about it, otherwise I'll work on it some more. I do think that it would
be a valuable tool and should be in the standard CLIM library. How do
CLIM folks feel about this?

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index