CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: editing text in a pop-up window

    Date: Fri, 14 Jan 1994 15:50 EST
    From: Benjamin Renaud <benjamin@REAGAN.AI.MIT.EDU>

	Date: Fri, 14 Jan 1994 15:00 EST
	From: Scott McKay <swm@lyra.mystech.com>

	    Date: Fri, 14 Jan 1994 14:34 EST
	    From: Colin Meldrum <colin@franz.com>

    Naha posted the question after I asked him about the topic of editor
    windows in CLIM. I have experiented with solutions quite similar to what
    has been posted, but I never managed to get the right thing. Unless I am
    mistaken, both Colin's and Scott's solutions suffer (at least under
    Genera 8.3) from the rubout redisplay problem, as well as from other,
    more subtle glitches.

This I believe.

			  Also, it does not provide commands like ctrl or
    (less importantly) meta editing commands.

But this I do not believe.  I just tried it and a whole mess of the
control/meta-cokebottle commands worked just fine.

    If anyone has written anything like such an editor, I'd love to hear
    about it, otherwise I'll work on it some more. I do think that it would
    be a valuable tool and should be in the standard CLIM library. How do
    CLIM folks feel about this?

I'm all for it.  It's not trivial, though.