CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

obeying the sheet protocol [correction]

    Date: Wed, 19 Jan 1994 17:21 EST
    From: "David L. Westbrook" <westy%earhart@cs.umass.edu>

    [Oops, oversimplified the code in that last one.]

    CLIM 2.0
    Lispworks 3.2b and Allegro 4.2

    When I execute code that sort of looks like this:

    (labels ((map-over (sheet)
		(when (sheetp sheet)
		  (dolist (kid (sheet-children sheet))
		    <...some code...>
		    (map-over kid)))))
      (map-over (frame-top-level-sheet *application-frame*)))

[Didn't read your second message]

I see that MAP-OVER-SHEETS is precisely what you want.

You might want to further describe what it is you are trying to do,
since there may also be facilities in CLIM for that as well.

    I get errors similar to this:

    Error: No applicable methods for #<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION SHEET-CHILDREN 10A4F9B0>
	   with args (#<SCROLL-BAR-PANE :VERTICAL 100A3368>)

    Is there some other way to insure that an object obeys the sheet protocol?

    David L. Westbrook
    westy@cs.umass.edu