CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Completion Query

[CLIM-2/ALLEGRO/SPARC]

I need to do completion on a set of object names *except* that I need to
also accept "new" names (i.e. I want to accept invalid input).

In short I would like "activation" behavior something like the following:

#\Space ==> "Complete as far as possible" (i.e. do the "normal" completion
             thing).

#\Return ==> "Accept whatever I've got, as is."

(Basically I want it to work more or less like the pathname completion does
on Find-File in Gnumacs.)

Changing the activation characters only changes the characters which invoke
"total" completion (i.e. there is no way to terminate on "invalid" cases).

Using the :ALLOW-ANY-INPUT option seems to basically turn off completion.
I.e. it gives me the input as is, but doesn't seem to do _any_ completion,
ever.

Suggestions?  Help?  Hints?

Thanks
Nichael

P.S. I'm trying to do this inside a "Accept" presentation-method.

Main Index | Thread Index