CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[spr10291] Bug-report: Palette-Full

   Date: Wed, 23 Feb 94 11:19:27 PST
   From: colin@Franz.COM (Colin Meldrum)
   Class: bh
   Bh-Id: spr10291
   Bh: append spr10291

     From: Scott McKay <swm@harlequin.com>
     Date: Mon, 21 Feb 94 12:56:47 EST

	Date: Fri, 18 Feb 94 19:38:34 PST
	From: Colin Meldrum <colin@franz.com>

	I think that providing a restart like use-alternative-color which
	does the obvious thing would solve the first problem (and perhaps even
	provide a restart called use-nearest-color). I've filed rfe's to have
	these considered for a future release.

     I think that such restarts would be quite useful.  It might suffice to
     provide a FIND-CLOSEST-COLOR g-f that takes two args, a palette and a
     color.  Then people can write there own restarts.

   I think that providing a FIND-CLOSEST-COLOR gf would be a useful
   addition - and would be preferable than having multiple restarts.
   I think though that CLIM would still need to provide at least one
   restart, USE-ALTERNATIVE-COLOR (which would take a color as an
   argument) because this could not be coded in the application due to
   the fact that the error typically occurs deep down in the medium
   specific drawing code.

Good point.