CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: pane labels

   Date: Fri, 25 Feb 94 06:12:34 -0500
   From: "Steven L. Smith" <smith@icat.larc.nasa.gov>

   A while back someone posted an example of how to dynamically change
   the label within a pane. Could that person or someone else repost
   an example for CLIM 2.0. Thanks.

If you're referring to my posting, it was a question rather than an
answer.  In CLIM 1.1, (SETF CLIM:WINDOW-LABEL) could be given not only
a simple string but also a text-style spec--e.g.,

(setf (clim:window-label <pane>) (list <label-string> :text-style <style>))

In CLIM 2.0, this doesn't work at all in one implementation; in
another, it works with simple strings (and perhaps patterns and
pixmaps) but not text-style specs.  I never got a response to my
request for the correct way to do this.

        Lawrence G. Mayka
        AT&T Bell Laboratories
        lgm@iexist.att.com