CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

multiple processes reading from different panes

   Date: Fri, 25 Feb 94 13:42:29 +0100
   From: Anton Beschta <beschta@arms4.zfe.siemens.de>

   I think that this topic has been discussed before, but I wasn't able
   to recover the information.

   The situation is quite simple. Assume that there is an application
   frame with an interactor pane as frame-query-io. The application
   itself starts one background process which sometimes requires
   interaction. These should happen in a different pane of the
   application frame which is guaranteed to be part of the current
   layout.

   If my memory serves me right then previous messages on this topic
   had something to do with setting the keyboard input focus.

   Any hints or even a small working example?

   Thanks in advance,

    Toni Beschta

You can use WITH-INPUT-FOCUS to set the input focus to the appropriate
pane.  But since you have multiple processes that can potentially do
output into the same pane, you should also use some kind of a lock to
ensure that things don't get very confused.

See CLIM-SYS:MAKE-LOCK and CLIM-SYS:WITH-LOCK-HELD.