CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Setting and changing the text style of a pane label

CLIM 2.0-beta on LispWorks-3.2.21-beta-4
CLIM 2.0 on Allegro 4.2

In CLIM 1.1 I was able to set the initial text style of a pane label
via a pane option:

:label ("Initial label" :text-style *initial-label-text-style*)

This appears to work in CLIM 2.0 as well, but with slight syntactical
variation.  It appears to be undocumented.  I'd like to see this
standardized.

More importantly, in CLIM 2.0 I was also able to change the text style
of a pane label dynamically via

(setf (clim:window-label *pane*) `("New label" :text-style ,*new-label-text-style*))

But (SETF CLIM:WINDOW-LABEL) now either does nothing at all, or
accepts only strings (without text-style information), patterns, and
pixmaps.  Is there any simple way to change a pane label's text style
any more?

        Lawrence G. Mayka
        AT&T Bell Laboratories
        lgm@iexist.att.com