CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

CLIM stream problem

   Date:	Tue, 8 Mar 1994 05:28:35 -0800
   From:	"Steven L. Smith" <smith@icat.larc.nasa.gov>

   Problem:
    The remote print command
      (CP:EXECUTE-COMMAND "EXECUTE COMMAND" "icat" "lp temp.ps")
    prompts the user for a password before executing the command. However,
   if the command is executed from within the application frame, I get the
   error message stated below.

   Questions:
    1) Is there a way to suppress this prompting of the password?

I don't know.  Maybe you can supply the password programmatically, or
establish an initial connection at the time the application is being
started.

    2) If not, is there a way to direct the prompting to appear within
       the command pane of my application frame? Note that I tried reassigning
       *TERMINAL-IO* and *STANDARD-INPUT* but to no avail.

The problem is that the prompt IS trying to appear within your
application frame.  That is, the *STANDARD-xxx* streams are bound to
an CLIM stream pane in your frame, but the password prompting
mechanism is expecting a Genera "input editing" stream and is sending
the pane protocol messages that it doesn't support.

The only kludge I can think of is to create a temporary Genera window,
and make sure that the I/O streams are bound to that window and that
it is exposed before you invoke the command.  Then the password
prompting will happen in this temp window, which you deexpose when
done.  Barf.

   Error: The object #<INTERACTOR-PANE 1072715267> received a :BUFFER-X message,
	  which went unclaimed.
	  The rest of the message was ().
	  The message is handled by the flavor SI:INTERACTIVE-STREAM.

   SI:WITH-IE-TYPEIN-INTERNAL
      Arg 0 (SI:STREAM): #<INTERACTOR-PANE 1072715267>
      Arg 1 (SI:TYPE): NIL
      Arg 2 (SI:CONTINUATION): #<STACK-LEXICAL-CLOSURE (:INTERNAL
	     FS:PROMPT-FOR-USER-AND-PASSWORD 1) 36600751130>
      Rest Arg: NIL