CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

CLIM stream problem

   Date: Tue, 8 Mar 94 08:28:35 -0500
   From: "Steven L. Smith" <smith@icat.larc.nasa.gov>

   Situation:
    I'm running CLIM 2.0 under Genera 8.3. I created an application frame with
   a frame command that basically outputs an postscript file to on my Unix
   workstation (via NFS) and then executes a remote command to print the file
   (this is where the problem comes in).

   Problem:
    The remote print command
      (CP:EXECUTE-COMMAND "EXECUTE COMMAND" "icat" "lp temp.ps")
    prompts the user for a password before executing the command. However,
   if the command is executed from within the application frame, I get the
   error message stated below.

   Questions:
    1) Is there a way to suppress this prompting of the password?

You might try advising FS:PROMPT-FOR-USER-AND-PASSWORD. Setting
FS:*REMEMBER-PASSWORDS* will do what you want, but only after the user
name and password have been supplied initially. Hmmm, maybe you could
fudge the user name and password (i.e., where they get cached) to make
it "look like" you had.

	2) If not, is there a way to direct the prompting to appear within
	   the command pane of my application frame? Note that I tried reassigning
	   *TERMINAL-IO* and *STANDARD-INPUT* but to no avail.

Looking at the code, I think what you want is *QUERY-IO*.

John Krieger, Westinghouse, Savannah River Site

Main Index | Thread Index