CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Inspector and Window-debugger

#+Allegro-4.2
#+clim-2.0

I have put a new version of the Inspector and the corresponding
Window-debugger onto cambridge.apple.com:/pub/clim/clim-2

the inspector improvement is that it now handles defstructs properly.
still no correction to the unfortunately mixed-up mouse-button usage
(the doc says one thing, but left and middle do something else) because
I don't know how to resolve it.  and no Lucid (re)conversion, because I
don't have/use Lucid.  use it with :mi <something> at a lisp prompt.

the window debugger can be called with :w at the ACL lisp-prompt. it
behaves somewhat like a lispm window-debugger. not exactly, of course,
but it's that flavor. there's a misfeature I haven't figured out: if you
click a restart that wants typein, it isn't echoed in the typin window.
so if you make a mistake...

the original author of these two things is William D. Smith (who used
Lucid). I've tweaked them for Allegro and ACL Clim 2.0, they seem not to
screw up now...

I use them daily. both operate via resources, so you can have a lot of
inspectors and debuggers at the same time (although I don't personally
recommend that--more than 2-3 and I forget which is which quickly).

 -- clint

Main Index | Thread Index