CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Resources in CLIM

If my memory serves me correctly, back in CLIM 0.9 the manual described
a resources facility implemented to support CLIM.  It appears that the
facility still exists but is no longer documented (in Franz's CLIM
implementation, anyway).  We have started using resources to work
around a problem where opening and closing a lot of windows causes
memory to be gobbled up.  I am wondering if we are in any danger by
relying on resources.  As a nice side-effect, they make our interface
feel a lot faster.  Is there a reason that they are no longer
documented?

Thanks.

Bruce S. Seely				Tel: (805) 373-4142
Rockwell International Science Center	Fax: (805) 373-4383
P.O. Box 1085				Net: bss@risc.rockwell.com
Thousand Oaks, CA  91358