CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Resources in CLIM

   Date: Tue, 17 May 94 09:37:18 PDT
   From: Bruce Seely <bss@jupiter.risc.rockwell.com>

   If my memory serves me correctly, back in CLIM 0.9 the manual described
   a resources facility implemented to support CLIM.  It appears that the
   facility still exists but is no longer documented (in Franz's CLIM
   implementation, anyway).  We have started using resources to work
   around a problem where opening and closing a lot of windows causes
   memory to be gobbled up.  I am wondering if we are in any danger by
   relying on resources.  As a nice side-effect, they make our interface
   feel a lot faster.  Is there a reason that they are no longer
   documented?

The CLIM-SYS package is documented as part of the spec, and resources
live in the CLIM-SYS package.  They won't be going away.