CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

What does HANDLE-EVENT do?

[Allegro/Sparc/CLIM2]

I can't seem to get the method HANDLE-EVENT to be called.  (Described, for
example, in Section 20.4.1 of the CLIM2 manual as one of the methods that I
"need to be cognizant of to write [my] own classes of gadget".)

I have a class MY-GADGET which I display in the standard way:

  (clim:with-output-as-gadget (STREAM)
     (clim:make-pane 'my-gadget
                     :client *MY-CLIENT*
                       ....)

This gets displayed properly, however nothing I do (e.g. pointer-clicks,
keyboard input, waving the pointer around, etc) will cause the HANDLE-EVENT
to be called on my gadget.

In point of fact, the only time the method seems to be called _anywhere_ on
_anything_ is for a few POINTER-ENTER/EXIT-EVENTs on some viewports.

(I've tried mixing-in everything I can think of into my gadget-class, still
no luck.)

What am I doing wrong?  If this is not the way to get my hands on these
kinds of events, then what should I be doing?

Thanks
Nichael

Main Index | Thread Index