CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

setting a frame's position

   Date: Tue, 17 May 94 15:26:40 PDT
   From: Bruce Seely <bss@jupiter.risc.rockwell.com>

   I have some frames in a resource that act as dialog boxes.  Before a
   frame is exposed, it is initialized.  As part of the initialization, I
   would like to position the frame reltive to its `host-frame'.  I am
   currently doing it like this:

   (defmethod REINITIALIZE-INSTANCE :after ((frame my-frame-type) &key host-frame)
     (multiple-value-bind (host-x host-y)
	 (frame-position host-frame)
       (setf (getf (CLIM-INTERNALS::FRAME-GEOMETRY frame) :left) host-x)
       (setf (getf (CLIM-INTERNALS::FRAME-GEOMETRY frame) :top) host-y))
     ...)

   Is there a better way of setting the position of the frame (i.e. that
   doesn't rely on functions in the CLIM-INTERNALS package)?

I POSITION-SHEET-CAREFULLY is exported from CLIM.  Call it on
FRAME-TOP-LEVEL-SHEET of a frame.