CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

setting a frame's position

I have some frames in a resource that act as dialog boxes.  Before a
frame is exposed, it is initialized.  As part of the initialization, I
would like to position the frame reltive to its `host-frame'.  I am
currently doing it like this:

(defmethod REINITIALIZE-INSTANCE :after ((frame my-frame-type) &key host-frame)
  (multiple-value-bind (host-x host-y)
      (frame-position host-frame)
    (setf (getf (CLIM-INTERNALS::FRAME-GEOMETRY frame) :left) host-x)
    (setf (getf (CLIM-INTERNALS::FRAME-GEOMETRY frame) :top) host-y))
  ...)

Is there a better way of setting the position of the frame (i.e. that
doesn't rely on functions in the CLIM-INTERNALS package)?