CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Protocol for Sizing inside Radio-box

[CLIM2/ALLEGRO/SPARC]

I have my own home-built toggle-button gadgets and they work fine in most
cases (i.e. drawn by hand via WITH-OUTPUT-AS-GADGET or incorporated into a
frame, etc.).

I would like to use them in other "standard" ways, e.g. inside a RADIO-BOX.
However by doing the straightforward thing (as described in the CLIM manual)
it seems that my gadgets never receive the appropriate RESIZE/POSITION
message(s).  Specifically, they are drawn at some small size (about 15X15
pixels).   Furthermore, they don't receive a refresh/repaint message if the
parent frame is de-exposed/re-exposed.

Presumably I'm not handling some methods that I need.  Furthermore none of
the "standard" things seem to be happening (for example COMPOSE-SPACE
doesn't seem to get called at all on these gadgets when used in a RADIO-BOX).

The class stucture under my gadget is:

(defclass my-toggle-button-pane
    (labelled-gadget-mixin
     value-gadget
     silica::leaf-pane
     silica:space-requirement-mixin)
  ...)

I've spent a couple of hours grovelling over the class structure for the
normal TOGGLE-BUTTONS to no avail.  (Likewise, simply mixing in
clim::TOGGLE-BUTTON or any of the other obvious classes don't seem to
help.)

Does anyone have any suggestions/hints/etc for the protocol here?

Thanks
Nichael

Main Index | Thread Index