CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Different VIEWs for command-line arguments

   From: Scott McKay <swm>
   Date: Tue, 29 Mar 94 11:34:50 EST

      Date: Mon, 28 Mar 94 16:37:29 CST
      From: "Lawrence G. Mayka" <lgm@ieain.ih.att.com>

      I'd like to be able to specify a non-default view (e.g., a particular
      gadget view) for a command argument, so that in any of the
      circumstances where the command input is formatted as a dialog, the
      argument input is formatted according to the view I've specified.
      Shouldn't CLIM argument descriptions take a :VIEW keyword?

   Good idea.  I will investigate doing this.

I just investigated.  Isn't it the case that it just works to include
:VIEW in a command:

 (define-command (com-use-native-debugger :command-table lisp-listener :name t)
   ((boolean 'boolean :default (not *use-native-debugger*) :VIEW <SOME-SILLY-VIEW>))
  (setq *use-native-debugger* boolean))

It is still the case that the view doesn't get passed into the ACCEPT
within the dialog, but I am looking at that.

Or are you saying that there should also be a :DIALOG-VIEW arg?