Real Newbie Question

Sorry to bother everyone,

   I just joined the list (actually several days) and didn't see any postings,
so I thought I would ask a question. I just got the clisp sources and tried
to compile them on my Sparc10 under SunOS 4.1.3. I followed the instructions
in the INSTALL file in the unix subdirectory. However, when I went the directory
where I'm going to install clisp, I couldn't makemake. I've searched in the
src files and I can't find makemake (only makemake.in). I'd really like to
compile this on my machine (rather than downloadthe binaries). Any ideas
what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks very much,

Jeff Layton

(Internet: laytonj@sun.soe.clarkson.edu)