RE: Illegal characters/ .LSP files

the same problem when loading dos format text files into CLisp on Unix.

If you delete the ^M's and ^Z at the end of the file then Unix doesn't mind
them any more---actually it's only the ^Z, the ^M's aren't a problem.
This is because Unix takes ^D as eof while dos takes ^Z (I think!).
However OS/2 CLisp should take files created with an OS/2 editor---otherwise
how could an OS/2-ite survive?

Richard Shepherd.