Re: CLISP on the Mac

# Date: Tue, 11 Jan 94 20:53:28 +0100
# From: haible@ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de (Bruno Haible)
#
# Furthermore, I haven't had any negative experience with Apple. They even
# sent me their Dylan manual without fee :-)
# Did you have problems with Apple, Brent?
#

I dislike Apple's policy as it relates to user interface copyright and
related litigation.  On the other hand, they have some great products
(like Macintosh Common Lisp) and I like the direction they're going as
far as far as the Dylan programming langauge is concerned.

As I was developing Marlais (an interpreter for a subset of Dylan)
they were very open with me.  They've also given me an opportunity to
give some feedback on the language as its specification solidifies.
They people working on the Dylan design are pretty cool.  Many of them
are Lisp hackers of legendary stature (e.g., David Moon of
MIT/Symbolics fame).

;Brent