Re: CLISP on the Mac

>> CLISP GPL status makes me feel like that isn't be something I
>> should be considering.

Bruno> Why? I don't see any relation between the GPL and Apple or Mac
Bruno> or MacOS.

Some FSF folks have strong feelings on the matter.  I don't have a
strong opinion.  I didn't want to interfere with the authors' intent,
that's all!

Bruno> We shouldn't discriminate any computer users just because of
Bruno> the brand of computers or software they use. Perhaps they
Bruno> didn't even buy them themselves, it may be the standard
Bruno> equipment they have to use.

Well, boycotts are have drawbacks.  That's for sure.

>> This, and given the quality of MCL and XLISPSTAT for Macs, it's
>> hard to see a motivation for a port.  Macintosh would be among the
>> harder O.S.'s to port to.

Bruno> But if someone is doing the port, he should be welcome. But
Bruno> apparently less Apple Mac users are inclined to do programming
Bruno> work themselves.  Only one out of five who asked me about
Bruno> porting CLISP to the Mac indeed took a look at the source. But
Bruno> he won't finish it: he is now porting Linux to the Mac :-)

Jeff:  your answer!