Stack overflow!

I am compiling the protos system and have generated a stack space error
(see the bottom of this posting.)

Is there a way to rectify this, eg increase the stack space.

Thanks for any help.

Maureen Molloy (molloy@mundi.cs.mu.oz.au)

output of session follows...

  i i i i i i i       ooooo    o        ooooooo   ooooo   ooooo
  I I I I I I I      8     8   8           8     8     o  8    8
  I I I I I I I      8         8           8     8        8    8
  I I I I I I I      8         8           8      ooooo   8oooo
  I  \ `+' /  I      8         8           8           8  8
   \  `-+-'  /       8     o   8           8     o     8  8
    `-__|__-'         ooooo    8oooooo  ooo8ooo   ooooo   8

  ------+------     Copyright (c) Bruno Haible, Michael Stoll 1992, 1993, 1994

Type the single character corresponding to what you want to do:
C   Compile the CL-Protos source files.
S   load the Source files for interpretative execution.
B   load the Binary files for execution.
Q   Quit (do nothing).

---> C
Probing /mount/muse/staff/cogsci/molloy/protos/global.lsp on host NIL

17 files will be compiled from host NIL, directory /mount/muse/staff/cogsci/molloy/protos/
This may take a few minutes.

Compiling /mount/muse/staff/cogsci/molloy/protos/global.lsp
Compiling file /mount/muse/staff/cogsci/molloy/protos/global.lsp ...

Compilation of file /mount/muse/staff/cogsci/molloy/protos/global.lsp is finished.
0 errors, 0 warnings

Compiling /mount/muse/staff/cogsci/molloy/protos/defs.lsp
Compiling file /mount/muse/staff/cogsci/molloy/protos/defs.lsp ...
** - Continuable Error
(SETF CLOS:FIND-CLASS): Redefining the COMMON LISP class CONDITION
If you continue (by typing 'continue'): The old definition will be lost
1. Break> continue

Compilation of file /mount/muse/staff/cogsci/molloy/protos/defs.lsp is finished.
0 errors, 0 warnings

*** - Lisp stack overflow. RESET

Bye.