NOEMS and DOS

Jim> Windows for Workgroups 3.11 and DOS 6.2.

Jim> I am able to run CLISP by using SYSEDIT to remove the symbol
Jim> NOEMS from my CONFIG.SYS but I have some newbie questions.

Since you are using Windows, I'd suggest trying the RSX extender (this
is briefly discussed in the Windows installation instructions in the `README').

RSX will run the EMX binaries you have, but without needing EMS
emulation -- saving you precious lower memory space which would
otherwise be used for page-frames.