Re: date error on compilation

-- Linux --

>> I just installed it on my 486 running Linux/X. ... However, the compila-
>> tion cannot complete when the Lisp gave a mesage of incorrect date,
>> followed by the date of my machine (I think.).
>
>It has been observed that on some Linux machines the system variable
>sys_tz.tz_minuteswest is set to the number of seconds (not minutes!)
>west of Greenwich. You might fix this by fixing your clock/date program
>or by putting a workaround into your Linux kernel:

I was having the same problem and was pointed by a member of this
list to ftp ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de and get the binaries
directly from there.  I believe they are under pub/lisp/clisp/binaries/linux.
That version has worked without problems for me.

Mauricio
--
Mauricio A. Hernandez (Graduate Student)  mauricio@cs.columbia.edu
Department of Computer Science, Columbia University.  New York, NY