Re: clisp-link ... where is it?

> > While building I noticed -DDYNAMIC_FFI in the gcc command-lines so the
> > new clisp is ready to use the FFI I assume.
>
> Right. The clisp-link script is only built by a "make modular", and to
> type in the examples as is, you also need a symbolic link "ln -s . base".
>

>                     Bruno Haible
>                     haible@ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de

When I do "make modular" I get:

gcc -O -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -fomit-frame-pointer -O2 -DDYNAMIC_FFI -I../src/newreadline -c noreadline.c
noreadline.d:48: conflicting types for `rl_named_function'
../src/newreadline/readline.h:374: previous declaration of `rl_named_function'
noreadline.d:53: conflicting types for `rl_bind_key'
../src/newreadline/readline.h:365: previous declaration of `rl_bind_key'
make: *** [noreadline.o] Error 1

On looking through makefile I see that modular depends on both
libnoreadline and libreadline:

modular : all lisp.a libavcall.a libvacall.a libtrampoline.a libnoreadline.a libreadline.a clisp-link modules.d modules.c module.cc clisp.h modules.h makevars

I should have thought that these were mutually exclusive?  Should I
just remove libnoreadline from that line in the makefile and carry on?

Richard Shepherd.

(rls@therat.math.waikato.ac.nz)

WWW home page:- http://therat.math.waikato.ac.nz