Re: Hello

> The current project is only a prototype, but I am also interested in using
> Lisp for actual flight code.  I am a bit of a lone warrior in this, as Lisp
> is widely perceived by people in NASA to be too big and slow for "real" work.
> My approach is, rather than arguing with people, to instead build working
> systems that meet all the performance requirements.  Towards this end, I and
> a student of mine (with considerable help from Bruno) have ported CLisp (the
> January 1995 version) to vxWorks, which is a real-time operating system that
> is one of the lead candidates for use on flight hardware.

I am not very familiar with RT programming, but I wonder how to use
a programming language that uses automatic garbage collection, like LISP.
Wouldn't be an important requirement for the language to support a
programming style that allows one to guarantee timely responses?
Hmmm, just wondering ....

Johann

Johann Petrak                            Email: johann@ai.univie.ac.at
Austrian Research Institute for          Phone:        +43-1-533-61-12
Artificial Intelligence                                +43-1-535-32-81/0
Schottengasse 3                          Fax:          +43-1-532-06-52
A-1010 Vienna, AUSTRIA                   Private Phone:+43-1-24-03-173
					 http://www.ai.univie.ac.at