No more room ...

I am using CLisp (with some minor extensions written in C and using FFI)
for agent programming. However, after my program ran for a while, I get
the error message
*** - No more room for LISP objects
at points which work fine when I execute the same procedures running a
"clean" CLisp without having executed anything else before. Looking at
the my code I can't imagine why the garbage collector shouldn't avoid this
situation. Now my questions: What would be the main reason for this error
message? Is there a problem with the garbage collection or memory leaks,
is there a way for me to avoid it? Did anybody else have similar problems?

Regards,
Frank