xp-code.lisp: how to avoid redefinition cerror

When I load the file xp-code.lisp (which someone patched to work with
clisp) I get three continuable errors because the macro 'formatter is
redefined.  How can I have the macro redefined without the errors or
at least have the errors continue automatically?

I tried a handler-case form and it didn't seem to work.

Ideas appreciated.

--
Benjamin Shults                 Email:  bshults@math.utexas.edu
Department of Mathematics       Phone:  (512) 471-7711 ext. 208