[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: xp-code.lisp errors in clisp and gcl
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: xp-code.lisp errors in clisp and gcl
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Tue, 19 Mar 96 13:54:51 CST
- Cc: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org> (message from Raymond Toy on Tue, 19 Mar 96 20:57:05 +0100)
- Posted-date: Tue, 19 Mar 96 13:54:51 CST
Benjamin Shults wrote:
> I downloaded the latest (09/02/92) version of xp-code.lisp from merl.com.
> I have some pretty printing code which is very stable and
> runs fine under Allegro.
> I also want to use CLISP and GCL. When I load xp-code.lisp
> into either of these lisps and run my code I get runtime
> errors signaled from inside the xp code.
This has been solved. I was using a format string that worked
with Allegro because they extended the ~* directive in an undocumented
yet sensible way so that it could take ~-1* and skip backwards.
The standard way to do this is ~1:*. xp-code.lisp gives
an error on the former while Allegro understands it.
Let this be a lesson to me.