Bug in Installing under DOS and DJGPP

PM> Basically, I can execute all the steps up to the "make
PM> interpreted.mem" target with no errors. The system goes through
PM> all the .lsp files and loads them OK but fails in the
PM> sys::%saveinitmem command. It gives an error of:

PM> DJDOS error 22 (ENOENT): no such file or directory.

In May, I built CLISP using DJGPP v. 2.  I think it ought to be close
to working (http://sayre.sysc.pdx.edu:8001/clisp/binaries/djgpp2/dos_wide.zip).
I dealt with several problems such as the one you describe here.

One way to see where the error is coming from is to swap these defines
in lispbibl.d:

  # #define OS_error() OS_error_debug(__FILE__,__LINE__)
  #define OS_error() OS_error_()

then, if such an error occurs, CLISP will indicate where it is
coming from.  Also be sure that the various instances of "DJGPP == 2"
are being compiled-in and used.

PM> I have enclosed the total script of my experiences below in
PM> attempting the installation for the benefit of whoever maintains
PM> the DJGPP port of clisp.

The DOS versions of CLISP get very little attention.  If someone wants
them to work, the best thing to do is send patches or more
independently maintain a port.