Re: CLISP for Windows NT

Benjamin Price Shults <bshults@fireant.ma.utexas.edu> writes:
> I just downloaded clisp from the win32 directory.  I ran lisp -M
> lispinit.mem the first time, then loaded config and timezone.
>
> When I do (saveinitmem) I get the following message:
>
> selfmade_mmap: full_read(offset=0x97000,count=4096) failed, returned 0.
> *** - handle_fault error3 !
> SIGSEGV cannot be cured. Fault address = 0x18000010.

Oh, this is a bug: the lispinit.mem file is being overwritten while it
hasn't yet been fully loaded. Doing (gc) before (saveinitmem) will
avoid this problem.

And you don't need to manually adjust and reload timezone.lsp on this
platform. That's a mistake in the README file.

Thanks for the report.

                               Bruno