y-or-n-p

sshteingold@cctrading.com wrote in September:

 >      y-or-n-p mistakenly assumes that the after the reply the new line has
 >      began. This is the correct assumption when the output is terminal: the
 >      reply must be terminated by a newline. But when clisp runs under
 >      emacs, the answer might be sent through the comint-send-string and it

 >      Therefore I suggest that y-or-n-p (as well as yes-or-no-p) should run
 >      (fresh-line) after they have received the answer.

It won't work, as CLISP will still assume that *QUERY-IO*
(*TERMINAL-IO*) is at the beginning of a line as it last read a LF, so
FRESH-LINE will have no effect.

I woulnd' recommend using TERPRI as all uses other than
Emacs + send-string would then see unwanted empty lines.

BTW, Bruno and Daniel, may I suggest to extend USER1.LSP: Y-OR-N-P and
YES-OR-NO-P to recognize the spanish "Si" yes answer, now that this
translation is finished?

Regards,
	Jo"rg Ho"hle.
Joerg.Hoehle@gmd.de		http://zeus.gmd.de/~hoehle/amiga-clisp.html